xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samar Abbas Lotia <slo...@nQuire.com>
Subject RE: DOM_Node's attributes
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 15:00:24 GMT
Below is my earlier post regarding this topic.

Further investigation suggests that the error occurs not anytime an
exception is raised, but it does occur every time we attempt to parse a file
that does not exist. The problem seems to be related to the fact that a
reader manager has been instantiated, and it's internal current reader
pointer  gets trashed when the exception is raised. The error occurs in
XMLScanner::scanReset. On line 919 of internal/XMLScanner2.cpp the code
checks to see if a new XMLReader was successfully created. If not, an
exception is raised. Before the exception is raised, the current reader
member of the reader manager is zero, after the exception, the pointer is
pointing into lala land. When the current reader is destructed, delete is
called on an invalid pointer. This hoses the system :-)

Wondering if someone else has seen this problem, or anything similar on
Solaris.

I have also installed all of the recent patches to Forte 6 Update 1.

Samar

-----Original Message-----
From: Samar Abbas Lotia [mailto:slotia@nQuire.com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 7:28 PM
To: 'xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: core dump on Solaris 8 when exceptions raised

Hi all,

I am using Sun Forte 6 Update 1 (C++ compiler version 5.2) and I see the
following problem.

When I compile with optimizations on, xerces crashes when an exception is
raised. The easiest way I can reproduce the problem is to try and parse a
file that doesn't exist, i.e.

DOMParser tParser;
tParser.parse("/doesnotexist.xml");

I saw some discussion in the list archives regarding this problem and the
solution discovered was installation of patch 107390-10. However, this
discussion was particular to the 5.0 version of the compiler. I was
wondering if someone has seen similar problems with 5.2 and/or if there are
patches applicable to this release of the compiler that address the problem.

The code works fine when compiling with the '-g' flag and no optimizations.

SAL