xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "dave yuill" <thal...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: how to use XMLNetAccessor?
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 04:13:34 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean Roddey" <droddey@charmedquark.com>

> Well, I see two obvious issues...
>
> > Fatal Error at file "XMLtest", line 2, column 89
> >    Message: An exception occured! Type:RuntimeException, Message:Could
not
> > open DTD file './http://www.pcia.com/wireres/protocol/dtd/wctpV1-0.dtd'
> >

> It shouldn't have added the ./ to the front of the URL. I'm not sure why
it
> did that. If you give a fully qualified system id, which you did, then it
> should have not tried to make it relative to the parent entity.
>
> > BinInputStream * FENSNetAccessor::makeNew(
> >    const   XMLCh* const urlSource,
> >    XML4CExcepts::Codes&    failReason )
> > {
> >  BinInputStream* temp;
> >  return temp;
> > }
> >

> That's obviously not correct. You are just returning some random value
since
> you never temp to point at anything. You have allocate an input stream and
> return it.

oh yeah, i intended to do that... but its not even running that code, i had
compiled a cout line in it to see, and it never showed... so humm?

plus the addition of the ./ had me extremly suspicious... is it safe to say
that its not even trying to use my class?

thanks again, i must be missing somthing setting it up... maybe.. ?

-dave