xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Roddey <drod...@portal.com>
Subject RE: error thrown by parser
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:40:27 GMT
Try parsing the file with one of the standalone sample programs, like
DOMPrint. If that works, then its nothing to do with the XML text you are
parsing, and its just an error in your program probably causing an access
violation or something. That's not something anyone but you can figure out.

--------------
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Portal, Inc
droddey@portal.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Emma Towey [mailto:emmatowey@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 10:51 AM
To: xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: error thrown by parser

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with the parser.

When my program parses a file it returns an error. The error returned is not
of type XMLException or of type DOM_DOMException.

 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>

   try

    {

        parser->parse(gXmlFile);

    }

    catch (const XMLException& e)

    {

        cerr << "An XMLException error occured during parsing\n   Message: "

             << DOMString(e.getMessage()) << endl;

        errorsOccured = true;

    }

    catch (const DOM_DOMException& e)

    {

       cerr << "A DOMException error occured  during parsing\n   Message: "

             << DOMString(e.msg) << endl;

        errorsOccured = true;

    }

    catch (...)// an error is occuring here

    {

        cerr << "A general error occured during parsing\n " << endl;

        errorsOccured = true;

    }

I was wondering how to find out what type of error is occurring and how to
fix it.

Thanks,

Emma

  _____