xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph_Kessel...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Multithreading question
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 16:33:53 GMT

> So does that mean even for accessor methods such as
>getNodeName, i have to make sure that only one thread is calling it at any
>moment?

The DOM spec makes absolutely no promises. Individual DOMs may or may not
make a statement on this topic; if they don't, and you don't know the code
intimately, see first sentence. (Remember that a new release of a package
may change that code...)

_GENERALLY_, in most data structures, if you never alter them you don't
have to worry about multithreading -- but there may be exceptions.

I don't think either the Xerces or Xalan DOMs promise multithreading
support, even in read-only mode. This is definitely a "do it at your own
risk and don't blame us if it fails" area right now.