xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From peiyo...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: MakeXMLException() usage question
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 17:56:38 GMT

Hi, there,

   As you may know that the MakeXMLException(theType,expKeyword)
is to facilitate the definition of new exception class
derived from the XMLException.

  The  XMLUTIL_EXPORT is resovled to either values shown below
depending on whether you are building the library, or the application.

#if defined(PROJ_XMLUTIL)
#define XMLUTIL_EXPORT PLATFORM_EXPORT
#else
#define XMLUTIL_EXPORT PLATFORM_IMPORT
#endif
( refer to \SRC\util\XercesDefs.hpp)

    If you compile the XercesLib in MSVC, the   PLATFORM_EXPORT
will be further resolved as:
#define PLATFORM_EXPORT     __declspec(dllexport)
( refer to \SRC\util\Compilers\VCPPDefs.hpp)

   If you compile the lib on any other plaftform, the   PLATFORM_EXPORT
will be resolved otherwise (refer to *.hpp under \SRC\util\Compilers)

   In a word, you are free to use any thing as expKeyword, as long as it
can
be resolved to something meaningful on the target platform. What is more,
if you are going to build static library , you may leave it blank.

Regards,

Peiyong Zhang
XML Parsers Development
IBM Toronto Laboratory email: peiyongz@ca.ibm.com
Phone: (416)448-4088; Fax: (416)448-4414; T/L: 778-4088

Cem Karan <Cem.Karan@usa.alcatel.com> on 02/02/2001 10:50:01 AM

Please respond to xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org