xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Richardella, Anthony" <Anthony_Richarde...@sra.com>
Subject RE: xerces-c-src1_4_0 tar error
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 21:26:31 GMT
Thanks,

Using the -i option worked and it looks like it built correctly afterwards
also. Thanks for your help.

Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl_Erhorn@hyperion.com [mailto:Carl_Erhorn@hyperion.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 2:47 PM
To: Richardella, Anthony
Subject: Re: xerces-c-src1_4_0 tar error

Anthony,

>I'm having a problem untaring the source version of 1.4. I'm getting,

You are obviously running Solaris, as are many of us. This problem is
caused by GNU tar, which is used to build the source archives.

Either use gnu tar to extract the files (you can get it at
www.sunfreeware.com), or try using the -i switch with Sun's native tar.
The -i switch is supposed to make tar ignore checksum errors.

The problem has to do with how long pathnames are handled. I have asked
an engineer at SUN to look into a solution for this. So far, no luck.

In the mean time I am using GNU tar. It extracts the code correctly.

Regards,
--Carl