xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Roddey <drod...@portal.com>
Subject RE: MakeXMLException() usage question
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 18:11:29 GMT
Each DLL has its own keyword. So you'd make up your own. Most of them have
the same one because they are all part of the utils subdirectory, which
could be built as its own DLL (thought its not in the current distribution.)
Basically, we just force all of the magic keywords on in the build, in order
to make all of the export keywords act like they are in one DLL, which they
are in the current distribution. Its basically just the standard
VC++/MS/Win32 style of export control, which is well described by MS
elsewhere, so I'm not going to try to reproduce it here. Once you understand
that, it will be obvious what we are doing.

--------------
Dean Roddey
Software Geek Extraordinaire
Portal, Inc
droddey@portal.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Cem Karan [mailto:Cem.Karan@usa.alcatel.com]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 7:50 AM
To: xerces
Subject: MakeXMLException() usage question

I'm trying to figure out how to use MakeXMLException(theType,
expKeyword) in /util/XMLException.hpp.  Specifically, what is expKeyword
supposed to be? What can it be?  All the times that I've seen it used in
the source code, it has always been defined as XMLUTIL_EXPORT, but I
don't know if I can/should use something else.  Any
suggestions/explanations of what it is?

Thanks,
Cem