xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Schindler <develo...@bitranch.com>
Subject Re: Bugs and Compile Problems in 1.4.0
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:28:04 GMT
"Jonathan Pierce" <jpierce@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> How do we know that these binaries were built with the 1.4.0 code base
> without requiring additional local modifications to the build files or some
> of the sources? Any changes to the source indicates that the port isn't
> really supported by the port.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. This is an open source project
and, as such, is open to anyone porting it and building a binary for any
platform. If they contribute the patches necessary to build Xerces for that
platform, those patches usually go into the tree. If they continue to
maintain the port, Xerces is then supported on that platform.

The existence of binaries on Apache does not define a supported platform.
Binaries exist as a convenience.

As for "additional local modifications" and "any changes to the source"...
See the Apache license.

--Bill