xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Schindler <develo...@bitranch.com>
Subject Re: Bugs and Compile Problems in 1.4.0
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2001 16:51:06 GMT
"Jonathan Pierce" <jpierce@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Maybe platforms shouldn't make it to the list of supported platforms unless
> they are available with every release.

Define "available with every release"?

For example, the OS/2 binaries of 1.4.0 were available on Hobbes (a
repository of OS/2 files) within 24 hours of the 1.4.0 release. I wouldn't
be surprised to find the MacOS build on one of the Mac sites. What defines
the "Platforms with Binaries" available on Apache is what the guys doing the
builds can build. Binaries being on Apache doesn't have anything to do with
the platform being supported. The Mac, OS/2, and all the other listed OSs
are supported platforms because people are actively keeping them up-to-date
and synchronized with the current code release.

--Bill