xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Pierce" <jpie...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Bugs and Compile Problems in 1.4.0
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2001 00:27:27 GMT
Bill,

Thanks for all of your feedback. I guessed that most of the problems related
to dead files,or files for other platforms. I'll try to look at the make
files for the various platforms to decide what files to include.

1. There may still be a problem with #include <util/XercesDefs.hpp> not
being in every header or .c file that doesn't include other headers. Many
source files reference variables defined there.

2. Do you think the sources should be organized so that dead files are not
present in the distribution directory, and so that it is obvious which files
are platform specific? It would be a lot easier for porting to other
platforms if it were made more clear.

Why not make it obvious what is included in each platform and which
platforms are fully implemented? That way dead code can be moved out and
incomplete platforms can also be seperated from working ones.

Instead of
/src/util/Compilers/platform1
    /src/util/Compilers/platform2
    /src/util/Compilers/platform3
    /src/util/Transcoders/platform1
    /src/util/Transcoders/platform2
    /src/util/Transcoders/platform3

How about:

     /src
        /final
            /util
                /platform1
                    /Compiler
                        platform1.hpp
                        platform1.cpp
                    /Transcoder
                        platform1.hpp
                        platform1.cpp
                /platform2
                    /Compiler
                        platform2.hpp
                        platform2.cpp
                    /Transcoder
                        platform2.hpp
                        platform2.cpp
        /experimental
            /util
                /platform3
                    /Compiler
                        platform3.hpp
                        platform3.cpp
                    /Transcoder
                        platform3.hpp
                        platform3.cpp

3. What about my previous #5 question? Is this another dead file?

>> I needed to explicitly include /util/XMLString.hpp in
/src/framework/XMLRefInfo.hpp since it references XMLString::replicate

Thanks again,

Jonathan