xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From nico.verboven...@belgium.agfa.com
Subject Xerces-C and performance
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:33:46 GMT
Did anyone do some performance testing with the Xerces-C SAX parser.
I my opinion, the performance is not very good, mainly due to the heavy
use of C++ exceptions for normal operation.
The Xerces-C uses exceptions to often, resulting in a lot of exceptions being
thrown during parsing. Exceptions is a large overhead, and should only
be used for the cases where it was designed for, that is, exceptional
circumstances,
which are NOT part of the normal flow of operations.
Performance is very critical for applications requiring a lot of XML parsing.

What's your opinion on this?

Regards,
Nico Verboven