xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: CVS compile: Invalid option -instances=static
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 15:43:01 GMT

Well that version of gcc is _much_ newer than the version that Xerces
officially supports.  Perhaps they just got rid of the -instances option?

Why don't you just delete that flag and see if it builds?  Or check the gcc
documentation to see if there's mention of this option?

Dave

                    Murray

                    Cumming              To:     xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org

                    <murrayc@usa.        cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                    net>                 Subject:     CVS compile:  Invalid option -instances=static

                    12/02/2000

                    08:28 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    xerces-c-dev

I'm trying to compile the cvs version (actually the 2000-12-01 nightly
build)
on RH7 (with the bizarre gcc 2.96), but I get an error. Here's a chunk of
the
relevant output:
g++ -fpic -instances=static -DLINUX -D_REENTRANT -c -O
-DXML_USE_NATIVE_TRANSCODER -DXML_USE_INMEM_MESSAGELOADER
-DXML_USE_NETACCESSOR_SOCKET
-I/home/murrayc/downloads/xerces-c-src_2000-12-01/include  -o
/home/murrayc/downloads/xerces-c-src_2000-12-01/obj/LINUX/CMBinaryOp.o
CMBinaryOp.cpp
cpp0: Invalid option -instances=static
make[1]: *** [CMBinaryOp.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/murrayc/downloads/xerces-c-src_2000-12-01/src/validators/DTD'

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com