xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Alex Fuller <alex.ful...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Piped versus sequential transforms
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 14:32:52 GMT
Hi Justin,
    It took some work and I can't give you measurements, but we set up
consecutive transformations in separate threads and got better results
than using byte array buckets.  The output from one goes into something
like a PipedOutputStream and is read by the next transformer from
something like a PipedInputStream.  The biggest challenge was error
handling and deciding which transformer hit an error first.  This was
pre-release of the java.util.concurrent api and I think it would be
easier now.

Alex

--
Alex R. Fuller | Manager