Definitely an underspecified question. Given what you've told us, it sounds like DOM (or possibly XPath) operations to extract the how-many-copies data, followed by tree-copying using the DOM's importNode() operation, would do the job and would likely be faster.

______________________________________
Aristotle defined beauty as "The gift of God that occurs when all parts work together in harmony so that no one part draws unjust attention to itself."

Engineering, too, is a search for beauty.

From: shathawa@e-z.net
To: j-users@xalan.apache.org,
Date: 09/26/2012 05:22 PM
Subject: Re: Generating multiple DOMs using xslt

You have not shared enough information regarding the
problem set you wish to solve.

Here are some related questions for consideration.

Are the replicated DOM's all different?

If they are to be all the same and (read-only), you might get by
having multiple threads share the same DOM source.  This means
that you are not updating the source DOM with nodeset fragments.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway