xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about XALANJ-2439 and "No more DTM IDs are available" DTMExceptions
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 03:15:46 GMT
Bob,

>From reading XALANJ-2439, the error you are getting is based on an internal
hard limit of 65536 DTM IDs.

Why 65536 and not another number is probably an indexing optimization of
some kind, I am not sure. I think the 16 bits of a DTM ID is stashed in
some larger structure.

Therefore, increasing RAM will not help. The JIRA seems to say that there
are DTM ID leaks, so that's another avenue of investigation.

If you are so inclined you could try to study the code to see how to
increase this internal limit.

The patches in the JIRA are old and may no longer apply to trunk (which is
in an unknown state) or the 2.7.x branch (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/java/branches/xalan-j_2_7_1_maint)

I recently pushed out 2.7.2 but there are not many folks that are active on
this list ATM.

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com