xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Müller <mueller_mich...@alice-dsl.net>
Subject Static linking
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:55:49 GMT
Hi,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-119?jql=project%20%3D%20XALANC%20AND%20text%20~%20%22static%22

contains the statement „We don't see many requests for the feature, so we would prefer to
keep the Xalan build as dll.” Is it still valid? Why not support both as done by Xerces?
During my search in the internet I saw several places where somebody wanted to link Xalan
statically.

For myself I adjusted from the trunk mainly the Visual Studio 2012 solution file and at two
places the source code (similar as done in the link above). I offer to provide a patch for
this although some details should be discussed first, because a few things can be archived
using different ways.

Regards

Michael