On 29 October 2013 20:00, Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
Hi Jan,

I can't speak for others but for me it's been a lack of time. The project
definitely needs new developers/committers in order to grow and it's great
to see that you're interested.
Yup, this list is very silent, I actually thought no mail had ended in a black hole :-)

There does not seem to be a lot to do, but I small things are also important, and especially in the "how to" and "examples" corner we could do some work.

I actually also sent a doc. patch to xerces, but that list seems completely dead.

FYI: I'm mostly a Java developer. Hoping that Steven or someone else more
familiar with Xalan-C can comment on the technical aspects of what you're
proposing.

I work together with steven on another project, so I am sure we will comment at some point.

I am mainly C++ developer, but have made a couple of java programs mostly out of need :-)

Looking forward to do a bit more on this project, and at the same time use it on AOO.

rgds
jan I.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

janI <jani@apache.org> wrote on 10/26/2013 11:28:56 AM:

> Hi.

> I have now followed the dev@ for a period of time and are a bit
> confused, whether the silence is due to lack of resources or lack
ofinterest.

> I got a set of scripts to build xalan-c and xerces.

> I need to convert these into vc 2012 solutions and include the test
suites.