Hello,

I just submitted my midterm evaluation.
Now I am gonna keep working and I will tell you once I have news.

Thanks,
Samuel

2013/7/30 Samuel Medeiros <ccc.samuel@gmail.com>
Hello,

I started the integration of the code I have developed and, by now, we are able to create a transformer by loading the .xsl file into a StAXSource instance. For example:

    StAXSource source = null;
    try {
        source = new StAXSource(XMLInputFactory.newInstance()
                .createXMLEventReader(
                        new FileInputStream("src/SimpleTransform/birds.xsl")));
    } catch (XMLStreamException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (FactoryConfigurationError e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

    Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(source);

The patch is attached. Some changes were necessary in dependencies:
  • In .classpath, the execution environment needed to be updated from J2SE-1.3 to J2SE-1.5, for Generics supporting;
  • The xml-apis.jar needed to be updated. I downloaded the latest xml-commons version available at [1] and extracted it.

The next steps are:
  • Rethrow possible exceptions when handling StAXSource with properly messages (XSLMessages.createMessage(...));
  • Integrate StAXSource into the Transformer, allowing to call it like:
    transformer.transform(new StAXSource(...), new StreamResult(...));
---

This week we have to submit the midterm evaluations.
I am gonna prepare and submit it until tomorrow. I will let you know when it's done.

Sincerely,
Samuel

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi

2013/7/22 Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas@ca.ibm.com>
Hi Samuel,

Samuel Medeiros <ccc.samuel@gmail.com> wrote on 07/21/2013 06:51:31 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I have tested the adapter with the Woodstox' StAX implementation.
> I got the 'endPrefixMapping' events, as expected. Thus, it is a
> possible bug in the built-in java implementation. I am using java 7
update 15.

> How should we proceed to report this?

You can submit bugs against the JDK here [1]. Good news that Woodstox
works though. Many Apache projects rely on Woodstox instead of the JDK
built-in StAX implementation.

> --
>
> This week I am gonna integrate the work I have done into Xalan and
> study the possibility to use the same approach (an adaptor) to
> provide StAXResult support.

Thanks again for the update.

> Thanks,
> Samuel

<snip/>

> --
> Samuel de Medeiros Queiroz
> Formal Methods Group (GMF - UFCG - Brazil)

Thanks.

[1] http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development