xalan-dev mailing list archives

From shath...@e-z.net
Subject [Xalan] Draft Aug 2013
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 01:00:05 GMT
August 2013 Draft report for Xalan (C++ / Java)
If you have changes, please email: shathaway@a.o
or the dev@xalan.a.o list

Steven J. Hathaway - Xalan PMC
--------------------------
PROJECT

The Apache Xalan Project develops and maintains libraries and programs that
transform XML documents using XSLT standard stylesheets. Our subprojects use
the Java and C++ programing languages to implement the XSLT libraries.

We implement the W3C XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 1.0 and the
XML Path Language (XPath) Version 1.0 recommendations.

RELEASES

No new releases - latest stable releases are:
Xalan C/C++ version 1.11   29-0ct-2012
Xalan Java  version 2.7.1  27-Nov-2007

ACTIVITY

A patch release for Xalan C/C++ is being planned after the summer.
A patch release for Xalan Java is being planned after the summer.

Samuel, a student with Google Summer of Code 2013 is making good
progress on our Xalan Java project. Michael Glavassevich is the mentor.

There is still a healthy community doing bug fixes.  Both projects
are doing quality control activities for upcoming patch releases.

ISSUES

There are no issues for the board at this time.