xalan-dev mailing list archives

From "Jackson, Jim" <Jim.Jack...@commsoft.net>
Subject Good Afternoon
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 18:01:52 GMT

Good Afternoon Folks

I had a question if you are open for one.  Found your contact
information on the web.

We process on the i-series (as400) and use the command to convert XML to
CSV

Do you know of any way to speed up this process (even with small (30mb
files)) it takes upwards of ten plus minutes to convert the files.  It
also seems like it loads the entire thing to memory first and then
exports it (perhaps this is what is causing the problem) ?

I ask this because I have been investigating other PC type XML to CSV
converters and they fly through similar size files.

Any thoughts or input ?

Thanks

Jim Jackson

QSH        CMD('java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in +

              /usr/fil3a/CDUSAGCUSACS23101.xml +

              -xsl /usr/fil3a/tapdtl.xml -out +

              /usr/fil3a/CDUSAGCUSACS23101.csv')