xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Samuel Medeiros <ccc.sam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSoC - Work Status
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:10:05 GMT
Hello,

I started the integration of the code I have developed and, by now, we are
able to create a transformer by loading the .xsl file into a StAXSource
instance. For example:

    StAXSource source = null;
    try {
        source = new StAXSource(XMLInputFactory.newInstance()
                .createXMLEventReader(
                        new
FileInputStream("src/SimpleTransform/birds.xsl")));
    } catch (XMLStreamException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (FactoryConfigurationError e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

    Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(source);

The patch is attached. Some changes were necessary in dependencies:

   - In .classpath, the execution environment needed to be updated
from J2SE-1.3
   to J2SE-1.5, for Generics supporting;
   - The xml-apis.jar needed to be updated. I downloaded the latest
   xml-commons version available at [1] and extracted it.

The next steps are:

   - Rethrow possible exceptions when handling StAXSource with properly
   messages (XSLMessages.createMessage(...));
   - Integrate StAXSource into the Transformer, allowing to call it like:
   transformer.transform(new StAXSource(...), new StreamResult(...));

---

This week we have to submit the midterm evaluations.
I am gonna prepare and submit it until tomorrow. I will let you know when
it's done.

Sincerely,
Samuel

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi