xalan-dev mailing list archives

From "USHAKOV, Sergey" <s-n-usha...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: Good Afternoon
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 19:00:04 GMT
Hi Jim,

I cannot say I'm a local folk, I am just keeping one eye to see how life
returns here... :)

Pulling the whole thing into the memory may happen, and it depends on
how the XSLT code is designed: whether it is based more on "push" or
"pull" approach, see e.g.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-xdpshpul.html . If your XSLT
code is more of "pull", then you are most likely to get the whole thing
into memory first...

Sometimes it is possible to convert "pull" to "push", but not always.
And generally "push" code is better suited for big files. If you could
post your XSLT code here, and if it is not too complicated, I might have
a look. But we better move to the adjacent "j-users@xalan.apache.org"
list first, as the "dev" list is intended for other sort of topics, I'm
afraid...

Regards,
Sergey