Hi Michael,

Please disconsider my first email in this thread.
I was thinking about implement StAX. However, this project is nothing to do with this.

I have read the tutorial [1] and the ideas got more clear for me:
In fact, what is proposed is to accomplish the XLS Transformation by receiving a StAXSource and sending the result trough a StAXResult.

The approach you have proposed in your last message is now clear for me: I have to iterate over the StAXSource by using an XMLEventReader / XMLStreamReader and translate these events to SAX ones.

I just have to check how to apply this approach into the code.

--

I know the implementation is based on the interfaces defined by JAXP. However, for run the samples as well as the tests I will write, we are gonna need an implementation. By default, Xalan uses Xerces. The question is: does Xerces support StAX?

Thanks,
Samuel

[1] http://tutorials.jenkov.com/java-xml/index.html