xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: GSoC - Work Status
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:43:06 GMT
Hi Samuel,

Xerces has partial support for StAX but doesn't yet have an implementation
of XMLStreamReader.

For testing purposes I'd suggest using Woodstox [1]. It's a popular open
source StAX implementation which many Apache projects already use.

There's also a complete implementation of StAX in all versions of Java 6+,
so you could use that for testing too.

Thanks.

[1] http://woodstox.codehaus.org/

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Samuel Medeiros <ccc.samuel@gmail.com> wrote on 06/25/2013 11:19:00 AM:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Please disconsider my first email in this thread.
> I was thinking about implement StAX. However, this project is
> nothing to do with this.
>
> I have read the tutorial [1] and the ideas got more clear for me:
> In fact, what is proposed is to accomplish the XLS Transformation by
> receiving a StAXSource and sending the result trough a StAXResult.
>
> The approach you have proposed in your last message is now clear for
> me: I have to iterate over the StAXSource by using an XMLEventReader
> / XMLStreamReader and translate these events to SAX ones.
>
> I just have to check how to apply this approach into the code.
>
> --
>
> I know the implementation is based on the interfaces defined by
> JAXP. However, for run the samples as well as the tests I will
> write, we are gonna need an implementation. By default, Xalan uses
> Xerces. The question is: does Xerces support StAX?
>
> Thanks,
> Samuel
>
> [1] http://tutorials.jenkov.com/java-xml/index.html

> 2013/6/25 Samuel Medeiros <ccc.samuel@gmail.com>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for this information.
> I am gonna study exactly how to apply this approach into the source
code.

> If I have questions, I will let you know.
>
> Sincerely,
> Samuel
>

> 2013/6/24 Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas@ca.ibm.com>
> Hi Samuel,
>
> One approach you could take for StAXSource would be to write a StAX to
SAX