xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Samuel Medeiros <ccc.sam...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC - Work Status
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2013 20:30:38 GMT
Hi Michael,

I have read the documentation available at the Xalan's website and also its
pointers to XSL/XSLT, XPath and JAXP. I have also run some samples and did
some tracing by adding some prints into the code.

It's quite clear for me how the things work, but I am not familiarized
enough with the code.

According to [1], the javax.xml.transform.stax was added to support StAX.
This package consists of the interfaces: TemplatesHandler
and TransformerHandler; and classes: StAXResult and StAXSource.
Also, the packages javax.xml.stream, javax.xml.stream.events and
javax.xml.stream.util were added to support StAX. In addition, the class
Validator have also to accept StAXSource.

For me, to add StAX support, it would be just implement the interfaces
provided by these packages and plug them into the existent code. For
example, in the org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl's method
newTemplates(Source source), I would add a condition to test if the source
is a StAX one and then create the correct TemplatesHandler instance, that
will create the Templates object.

I don't know exactly how prepared is Xalan to receive these changes.

I need help to understand the project's structure. Then I will be able to
do the work of the 2 next weeks (as provided in the plan): define precisely
the changes I will do.

Sincerely,
Samuel

[1]