Hi Michael,

I have submitted our project proposal.

I am looking forward to getting your feedback.

Sincerely,
Samuel Queiroz

2013/4/30 Samuel Medeiros <ccc.samuel@gmail.com>
Hi Michael,

I am glad to know you would volunteer to mentor this project.

Thank you for these entry points. I am studying them and tomorrow I am gonna be submitting the first version of the proposal.

Sincerely,
Samuel

2013/5/1 Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas@ca.ibm.com>
Hi Samuel,

Samuel Medeiros <ccc.samuel@gmail.com> wrote on 04/30/2013 04:39:13 PM:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Due to the fact of haven't any reply from the other committers and I
> am motivated to work for Xalan, I become interested for the ticket
> Complete support for StAXSource / StAXResult.
> As this ticket reporter, I think Michael Glavassevich will be the
> mentor for this project, can you confirm this?

Yes, I would volunteer to mentor this project.

> --
>
> Why am I the correct student for this project ?
> I am very motivated. Furthermore, I am a Java programmer since 2010
> and I have a good experience with it. I am prepared to work in this
> project and I am preparing a formal proposal to submit to the program.
>
> --
>
> For the proposal, the following technical parts were identified so far:
> Implement StAXSource / StAXResult classes according to the
specifications;
> Implement a good suite of tests for them;
> Integrate the developed code to the Xalan-J project.
>
> The proposal will be organized as described at the ASF GSoC 2013 page:
> List of deliverables and quantifiable results;
> A detailed description / design document;
> An approach;
> A schedule;
> My background.
>
> If you have more details about this project, please let me know.

That's a good summary from a high level.

If you're looking for pointers into the code for where
StAXSource/StAXResult would apply, here are the main entry points:

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/processor/TransformerFactoryImpl.java

[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/transformer/TransformerImpl.java

[3]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/trax/TransformerFactoryImpl.java

[4]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/trax/TransformerImpl.java

specifically the newTransformer() and transform() methods.

> I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Looking forward to seeing your project proposal.