The title can be "Xalan" instead of "Xalan-C" since the report is about both the C and Java versions.

Gary

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM, <shathawa@e-z.net> wrote:
(Draft)

PROJECT

The Apache Xalan Project develops and maintains libraries and programs that
transform XML documents using XSLT standard stylesheets. Our subprojects use
the Java and C++ programing languages to implement the XSLT libraries.

We implement the W3C XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 1.0 and the
XML Path Language (XPath) Version 1.0 recommendations.

RELEASES

No new releases - latest stable releases are:
Xalan C/C++ version 1.11   29-0ct-2012
Xalan Java  version 2.7.1  27-Nov-2007

ACTIVITY

A patch release for Xalan C/C++ is being planned during the summer.
A patch release for Xalan Java is being planned after the summer.

The GSoC-2012 student is showing interest of more active involvement.

There is still a healthy community to do bug fixes.

Our projects had a presence at ApacheCon NA 2013 thanks to Steve Hathaway.

Michael Glavassevich may be mentoring a student for GSoC 2013.
The student from last year is again showning interest to participate.

ISSUES

There are no issues for the board at this time.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway