Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply and providing me the pointers to start with. I'll go through these classes and contact you for further details.

Thank you.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
Hi Pulasthi,

Welcome to the mailing list.

A good starting point would be at the entry points that take JAXP Source
and Result objects as input, specifically the TransformerFactory and
Transformer.

Here a some pointers [1][2][3][4] to the source code. You can dive in
through the newTransformer() and transform() methods to get a feel for how
the other Source / Result classes are handled.

Thanks.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/processor/TransformerFactoryImpl.java
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/transformer/TransformerImpl.java
[3]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/trax/TransformerFactoryImpl.java
[4]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/trax/TransformerImpl.java

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Pulasthi Mahawithana <pulasthi7@gmail.com> wrote on 08/04/2013 02:00:20
PM:

> Hi devs,

> I'm a final year computer science and engineering undergraduate of
> University of Moratuwa. I'm interested in working on ticket
> "XALANJ-2550 - Complete support for StAXSource / StAXResult" [1] in GSoC
2013.

> I went through the resources provided by Michael in one of his
> comments [2] to get familiar with StAX, JAXP and XSLT. However
> looking at the XALAN source I could not clearly understand where I
> should start with. Can someone help me giving a starting point so
> that I can start working on it?

> Thanks.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2550
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2550?

focusedCommentId=13237892&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-

--
Pulasthi Mahawithana
Undergraduate,