xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Clarification on XALANJ-2550
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:43:14 GMT
Hi Pulasthi,

Welcome to the mailing list.

A good starting point would be at the entry points that take JAXP Source
and Result objects as input, specifically the TransformerFactory and
Transformer.

Here a some pointers [1][2][3][4] to the source code. You can dive in
through the newTransformer() and transform() methods to get a feel for how
the other Source / Result classes are handled.

Thanks.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/processor/TransformerFactoryImpl.java
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/transformer/TransformerImpl.java
[3]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/trax/TransformerFactoryImpl.java
[4]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/trunk/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/trax/TransformerImpl.java

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Pulasthi Mahawithana <pulasthi7@gmail.com> wrote on 08/04/2013 02:00:20
PM:

> Hi devs,

> I'm a final year computer science and engineering undergraduate of
> University of Moratuwa. I'm interested in working on ticket
> "XALANJ-2550 - Complete support for StAXSource / StAXResult" [1] in GSoC
2013.

> I went through the resources provided by Michael in one of his
> comments [2] to get familiar with StAX, JAXP and XSLT. However
> looking at the XALAN source I could not clearly understand where I
> should start with. Can someone help me giving a starting point so
> that I can start working on it?

> Thanks.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2550
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2550?

focusedCommentId=13237892&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-