xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Samuel Medeiros <ccc.sam...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2013
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:41:07 GMT
Hi Xalan Devs,

My name is Samuel Queiroz and I participated of GSoC 2012 by coding for
Xalan-C.
My mentor was Steven J. Hathaway and we implemented the base functions for
XML DateTime.

In the context of GSoC 2013, I would like to work again with the Xalan team
in order to push this project to have XSLT/XPath 2 support.

I would like to discuss some points with you:

   1. In order to become more motivated, does Xalan have a big users
   community? Can you estimate how many projects use it?
   2. Which Xalan version is better positioned -- in terms of both code
   quality/completion and number of affected users -- to incorporate these
   recommendations?
   3. In order to get help defining a project that makes sense within the
   scope of GSoC, what could be a great starting point in order to push the
   project to support these recommendations?
   4. Who could be the mentor?

Sincerely,
Samuel Queiroz