xalan-dev mailing list archives

From "USHAKOV, Sergey" <s-n-usha...@yandex.ru>
Subject Xalan-J - suggestion for the patch release - issue XALANJ-2544
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 04:27:27 GMT
Hi all, and glad to see life is returning here :)

I have seen some signs of a new Xalan-J release being prepared.

May I suggest a patch to be included into the release? The patch is
related to issue XALANJ-2544 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2544 ) and is attached there.

The patch addresses the issue that using an entity resolver is only
available for resolving entities in the source XML file, and not
available for entities in the XSLT file itself. And entities in XSLT
file are quite handy when dealing with HTML...

I use this patch every time I use Xalan-J, and this is not rare, so I
would really love this patch incorporated into the trunk.

And to be frank, it might be a good idea for this patch to be reviewed
by someone knowledgeable, as though I did my best to follow the design
patterns used in Xalan-J, and the patch does its job, I cannot boast a
feeling of deep understanding of Xalan-J architecture...

If I can help further with this patch, please feel free to let me know :)

My best regards,
Sergey