xalan-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Zongaro <zong...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Xalan-J XSLT 2.0 status
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:58:35 GMT
Hi, Mukul.

"Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@gmail.com> wrote on 2006-08-11 01:53:42 PM:
>    I am curious to know the plans of Xalan-J team for enhancing the
> product to support XSLT 2.0. XSLT 2.0 language is lot more powerful
> that XSLT 1.0. So definetely, the users of Xalan-J XSLT 1.0 will want
> to use XSLT 2.0. To my opinion Xalan-J should be enhanced to support
> XSLT 2.0 as early as possible. The 2.0 spec if pretty stable now and
> is like to become a Rec soon.

I'm sorry for the delay in responding.  Some prototype work for XSLT 2.0
support in the Xalan-J Interpretive processor went on in 2003, but then
trailed off.  That prototype work is still available on the xslt20 branch
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xalan/java/branches/xslt20/>, but since
then nobdy has stepped forward to carry on that initial prototyping, and
the Xalan PMC hasn't put in place any plans for XSLT 2.0 support.

Thanks,

Henry