That looks like an issue I had with building it for solarisstudio 12.3.  Does the following help:

Change src/xalanc/PlatformSupport/DoubleSupport.hpp as follows:
- add an #if defined(SOLARIS) / #include <math.h> / #endif section
- in the isNAN(double) function put an #if defined(SOLARIS) / return isnan(theNumber) != 0; / #else / and #endif around the return std::isnan(theNumber) != 0; line

From: Robert Hillier [mailto:robert.hillier@oracle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:20 PM
To: c-users@xalan.apache.org
Subject: Building xalan-c 1.11 with Solaris 10 and gcc 3.2.3

--
Oracle
Robert Hillier | Principal Member of the Technical Staff
Phone: +44 1473 284912
Oracle Communications
Robert Ransom House | Carr Street | Ipswich | IP4 1ER | United Kingdom

ORACLE Corporation UK Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales | Company Reg. No. 1782505 | Reg. office: Oracle Parkway, Thames Valley Park, Reading RG6 1RA

Green Oracle