xalan-c-users mailing list archives

From Martin Elzen <Martin.El...@usoft.com>
Subject RE: Building xalan-c 1.11 with Solaris 10 and gcc 3.2.3
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:35:25 GMT

The error of something being implicitly friends with itself is not something I'm familiar
with, so I guess that's going to have to be left to google.  The one other thing I had to
do which I haven't mentioned yet to get things building with solaris studio 12.3 is:

Change src/xalanc/Include/SolarisDefinitions.hpp as follows:
remove the #if/#else/#endif around the XALAN_HAS_STD_ITERATORS/XALAN_HAS_STD_DISTANCE lines.
You might also have to do some similar "mucking about" with such a file.  If you do, you'll
probably need to do a make clean before restarting the build...

From: robert.hillier@oracle.com [mailto:robert.hillier@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:17 AM
To: c-users@xalan.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building xalan-c 1.11 with Solaris 10 and gcc 3.2.3

Putting the #if defined(SOLARIS) around the isnan function seems to sort the problem.  (Though
using __GCC__ doesn't).

With the isnan problem fixed, I seem to run into a new problem.  I'm now getting the following

In file included from <myPath>/xalan-c-1.11/c/src/xalanc/DOMSupport/XalanNamespacesStack.cpp:20:
<myPath>/xalan-c-1.11/c/src/xalanc/Include/XalanDeque.hpp: In instantiation of `xalanc_1_11::XalanDequeIterator<xalanc_1_11::XalanDequeConstIteratorTraits<xalanc_1_11::XalanNamespace>,
xalanc_1_11::XalanDeque<xalanc_1_11::XalanNamespace, xalanc_1_11::MemoryManagedConstructionTraits<xalanc_1_11::XalanNamespace>
> >':
<myPath>/xalan-c-1.11/c/src/xalanc/DOMSupport/XalanNamespacesStack.hpp:151:   instantiated
from here
<myPath>/xalan-c-1.11/c/src/xalanc/Include/XalanDeque.hpp:72: class
   xalanc_1_11::MemoryManagedConstructionTraits<xalanc_1_11::XalanNamespace> >
   >' is implicitly friends with itself
<myPath>/xalan-c-1.11/c/src/xalanc/Include/XalanDeque.hpp: In instantiation of `xalanc_1_11::XalanDequeIterator<xalanc_1_11::XalanDequeConstIteratorTraits<xalanc_1_11::XalanNamespacesStack::XalanNamespacesStackEntry>,
xalanc_1_11::XalanDeque<xalanc_1_11::XalanNamespacesStack::XalanNamespacesStackEntry, xalanc_1_11::ConstructWithMemoryManagerTraits<xalanc_1_11::XalanNamespacesStack::XalanNamespacesStackEntry>
> >':
<myPath>/xalan-c-1.11/c/src/xalanc/DOMSupport/XalanNamespacesStack.hpp:301:   instantiated
from here
<myPath>/xalan-c-1.11/c/src/xalanc/Include/XalanDeque.hpp:72: class

   > >' is implicitly friends with itself

Did you come across this as well, by any chance?

On 28/11/12 10:01, Martin Elzen wrote:
Hi Robert,

Your problem does seem familiar.  I ran across an issue like that with the Solaris compiler
which seems to be kind of like the MS compiler in the respect that even when you use a C++
include file like <cmath>, which instead of to 'inserting' functions into the std namespace,
simply inserts them into the global namespace, and then "doesn't know" about the same functions
when std:: is prepended to their call.... The following fixed my issue:

Change src/xalanc/PlatformSupport/DoubleSupport.hpp as follows:
- add an #if defined(SOLARIS) / #include <math.h> / #endif section
- in the isNAN(double) function put an #if defined(SOLARIS) / return isnan(theNumber) != 0;
/ #else / and #endif around the return std::isnan(theNumber) != 0; line
To change it for GNU g++ you'd need to replace the two occurrences of SOLARIS in the above
with __GCC__ if memory serves.  When you do that, is your compilation issue gone?