xalan-c-users mailing list archives

From Harper Shelby <whshe...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Once again, exsl:document in Xalan-C++
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:25:43 GMT
On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 22:05 -0700, david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > I'm a little confused - according to the Xalan-C++ web site, the
> > exsl:document function IS supported in release 1.8, and I even see the
> > FunctionDocument in the sources, however, when trying to use it, like
> > so: <exsl:document href="test.html">
> >                <head></head>
> >                Testing
> > </exsl:document>
>
> If you can provide a link to the page on the web site that claims support
> for exsl:document, that would be great, because it is incorrect. Xalan-C++
> does not support extension elements, and cannot support exslt:document. It
> does, however, support the standard XSLT document() function, which is
> what is implemented in the file src/xalanc/XSLT/FunctionDocument.cpp.
>
> Dave

Perhaps I misread or misunderstood - I was getting the information from
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/extensionslib.html . I followed the links
under "For the function specifications...", and saw the exsl:document
listed there. Is there any plan to implement this function, and if not,
where would I go to start learning the Xalan code so that I might be
able to try this myself?

Thanks,

Harper