www-women mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Women in Open Source Event at SCALE 6x
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 06:12:38 GMT
On Jan 3, 2008 9:47 PM, Gareth J. Greenaway <g@socallinuxexpo.org> wrote:
> The Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) is hosting the 2nd annual (WIOS) mini-conference
on February 8, 2008 at the Los Angeles Airport (LAX) Westin. The purpose of the conference
is toencourage women of all ages to be a part ofthe free and open source community.Join us
in sharing women's accomplishments, success stories, and advancements on being involved in
Free and Open Source projects and communities.

> Past attendees at this event have included women in technology,teachers, and parents
of young girls.

I know Jean participated last year.  If I'm in town (and I'm currently
planning to be - though that may change), I'll try to attend.  Mostly
I plan to go to listen and hear ideas of what other OSS orgs are doing
and seeing what good ideas we can import here in Apache.

If anyone else on this list is going to be there (or for the full
expo), please feel free to let me know!  -- justin