www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: [IDEA] - Frequent small events in the Netherlands
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:37:44 GMT
On Apr 10, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> Based on that, we agreed to have our 1st event on the last Thursday of April, which is
April 26 2012, in Arnhem, The Netherlands. We already have 2 talks (1 about Rave from Jasha
and one about OSGi from Marcel's friend).

Based on the response so far, it seems we already have a healthy list of people that would
like to give a talk, which is great.

> Thankfully, the CEO of Luminis (The company which Marcel works for) is so enthusiastic
about the idea and he offered to support that 1st event, the way and level of sponsorship
I will leave that to Marcel to explain more about it.

He agreed to pay for a venue, I'm in progress of trying to book it and will report back here
when I have news. Luminis does not want anything in return as far as formal sponsoring goes.

> I would appreciate having feedback from the small events community, also advises and
ideas for sure are so welcome.

Same here. For now I'm just going to move on and assume we can organize this and call it an
Apache Meetup.

>   One last thing, Recently I was introduced to Meetup.com [1], which is a very nice tool
for planning meetups, small events and even big ones, I suggest to use it for planning the
events suggested above, I would also appreciate having feedback/comments about that.

> [1] - http://www.meetup.com

+1, looks good

Greetings, Marcel