www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Audio Recordings of Small Events
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:54:12 GMT
Yes I'd be glad to help in any way I can with audio production. I now have a few hours to devote
to this each week. And I'd be glad to assist anybody else in getting up to speed in ... whatever
is needed if I can help in that way. Although I've taught myself anything I know about it.

Rich Bowen, mobile edition

On Mar 2, 2012, at 2:24, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:

> Nick,
> Rich is, in principle, working with ComDev to get help creating and editing the Feathercast
> On Mar 1, 2012 11:54 PM, "Nick Burch" <nick@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All
> As some of you may know, ConCom bought (via Cliff, thanks!) a few audio recorders at
ApacheCon in Vancouver, which were used to record the audio of all the sessions there. These
recorders are now available to help record sessions at other Apache events around the world.
If you are putting on a small event, do let us know if you'd like to have one or two of them
> Ross and myself took one of the recorders to the event in Colombo earlier this week,
and we've managed to get recordings of most of the sessions there. The audio needs a bit of
editing before it's ready to be published, but should be of interest to both those who came
(to remind them of what was discussed), and those who couldn't make it (so they can learn
from it)
> Additionally, I suspect we could probably get a few good feathercast episodes out of
this, by taking some of the interesting bits from a session or two.
> I'm thinking that when the audio has been edited and is ready for sharing, we'd post
it on the new events.apache.org site (which'll hopefully be live before then). We can then
link to the files from places like Lanyrd (which has some event coverage already), and other
places that people might look. We might also want to link to one or two talks from the ComDev
site (eg the Apache Way one), but I'm not sure we'd want to put all the talks up there, which
is why I thought a concom site is the best place for the full set. Does that make sense to