www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary of ApacheBarCamp Sri Lanka
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:11:40 GMT
I like to add following points to your summery.

Initially we planned to have a small one day BarCamp event targeting 50 -75
people only with local speakers. With support from our sponsors
and ASF finally it became a two day large event but the name remained
as BarCamp. In fact we received 400+ registrations unfortunately with
our resources we had to limit it for 200.

We are very keen on organizing a large event somewhere in next
year probably ApacheCon Asia. We have a plan to start initial works within
next couple of months and start a discussion with ConCom folks too. As we
discussed involving into organize Europe event can be a
important exercise for us. Myself and few others looking forward to
actively involve in organizing Europe event.

Finally I would like to thank ConCom folks and specially Nick and Ross for
your contribution.

Thanks !

Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com