www-site-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Why is this list private
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:41:31 GMT

On 08/29/2014 09:28 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On Aug 27, 2014, at 2:21 PM, Tony Stevenson <tony@pc-tony.com> wrote:
>
>> History and the future are two things.
>>
>> If we want to make this list public, to ease the burden (if it were deemed there
were to be any) we could just keep the historical archive private, and make the new stuff
public going forward from date N.
> How does one do that?  I'm worried about adding ad hoc privacy rules that could break
tooling or, worse, tooling accidentally expose private data.

I can't find anything in the archives (again, I haven't read everything,
just random samplings) that would indicate that there was ever any
private data on the list. I've been on the list almost since it was
created, and can't remember any case when that would have come up. I
can't figure any reason that the list would ever have been intentionally
private. I think it's just an accident of history more than anything else.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon