www-retreats mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Retreat - Hursley
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:24:31 GMT
  On 15/09/2010 09:05, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM, zoe slattery<zoe.slattery@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> When you get to the Hursley site you will need to follow the signs to the
>> 'Club House', it's quite well sign posted and well away from the main
>> buildings. It would be great if everyone could make it in time for the
>> evening meal on Friday - this will be at about 19:00.
>> Just as a reminder - check this site for details about how to get to Hursley
>> and other info http://sites.google.com/site/apacheretreat/home
> Ok. I'll be arriving on Friday at 10:15 in London Heathrow. I plan to
> take the train from there to Winchester. If all goes well, my ETA will
> be about 13:00 or 13:30 in Winchester. From there maybe I'll take a
> taxi (or share a taxi with someone?).
>
> Unless there is an other/easier/cheaper/faster way to get from London
> Heathrow to Hursley around noon?
Yes - much better - take the bus www.nationalexpress.com
This should take about 1hr 35, the train will likely take you into
London and out again and be
much more expensive.
> Also: I have my return flight at 19:00 on Sunday (need to be at the
> airport around 17:50). Right now I'm planning to take the train again
> from Winchester to London Heathrow, but that takes 3h30mins :-(. So
> I'll have to leave around noon to catch a train around 14:00. Is there
> another way that will get me to London faster?
Yes - bus again. I'm happy to drop groups in Winchester on Sunday ( can
take 4 people in my car) and I think there will be other people driving
so we can fix lifts or taxis if there is really no-one going....