www-repository mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sharing common groupId
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 22:40:13 GMT
Thanks Manfred but right now I have two opposite answers, also I have
got a negative answer from Sonatype users group so not sure if this
can be implemented :\

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> From a permissions point of view for deployment to the Central Repository via repository.apache.org
or OSSRH from Sonatype there is no problem setting this up. The concept used in the Nexus
Repository Manager is called repository target and works via pattern matching the path into
the Maven repo. That is typically groupId but can also go down to the artifactId level.

> And btw. when organized well the concept of a shared groupId for plugins for very well.
In fact Maven itself uses it (org.apache.maven.plugins) and mojohaus does to. Other projects
like jenkins do it as well.

> There is the added need to manage the artifactId names but that is imho not to bad and
it give the plugins under that groupId a more official status than others as a distinction.
You could tie this to some sort of quality status...