www-repository mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: mvn deploy fails.
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 07:13:09 GMT
Hi,
Found the problem.

I had a UTF-8 char in my password identified by echo <password> | od -a
producing 2 ? chars in the output. The terminal is UTF-8 capable since echo
<password> | od -x reports the correct UTF-8 sequence. SInce authN will be
base64 encoded, and the logging via the browser works there may be
something wrong with the way maven processes setting.xml or decryption of
passwords as both clear text and encrypted passwords fail.

Removing the UTF-8 char from my password has fixed the problem.

Best Regards
Ian