www-repository mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Inquiry Regarding Apache Licensing
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:36:46 GMT
It certainly depends on the agreement and the reason behind the agreement.

For example, changes to the actual ALv2 license are universally frowned
upon since the ALv2 license, as-is, has been approved as an OSI Open
Source license, and any changes would invalidate that classification.
Also, our other agreements have been drafted to ensure that the
requirements allowing the ASF to (re) license are sufficient to provide
the IP provenance required and expected by our end-users and developers.
Again, any changes would be extremely burdensome to them, since they would
need to 'vet' those changes to see how it applies to them.

So, in general, 99% of proposed redlines are not acceptable due to
the fact that the change the existing agreements in a way that
causes our end-users and developers some legal concern.

> On Oct 14, 2015, at 9:19 AM, Loveless, Brittny <Brittny.Loveless@dvn.com> wrote:
>
> Good morning,
>

> Can you confirm whether redlines to the apache agreement are reviewed and approved by
Apache Legal, or is this more ofa “click-wrap” type agreement whereby Apache does not
agree to make any requested changes?

> Thank you!
>

> Brittny Loveless
>
> Sr. Analyst, Corporate Supply Chain
>

> Devon Energy Corporation
> 333 W. Sheridan Avenue
> Oklahoma City, OK 73102
>
> Work: 405-552-4946
>
> Email:  Brittny.Loveless@dvn.com
>

> Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use
of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to
hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of all or any portion of this message and any
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your
system.