www-repository mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding some artifacts to our last release in Maven central
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 00:40:43 GMT
I can't help with nexus problems, but a couple of ideas...

- do a normal maven build including only the release artefacts theatre previously missing
- upload those artefacts to the sync repository on people.apache.org instead (this may be
prevented sin you wet text up on nexus though)
- do a new, complete release with a new version for maven users

Hope that helps!

- Brett

On 02/02/2012, at 8:47 AM, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> ping - anyone have any suggestions on getting this to work?
>
> -Marshall

>> I found that by "logging in" to repository.apache.org, I got the menu pick "Staging
Upload", which would seem to do exactly what I want.

>> But --  it just hangs when I try to upload the artifacts.  I reduced it to just uploading
the POM for the project (which I think should pass any tests the upload might perform - because
it's the one that was used to build / release the release).

>> It does manage to create the staging repository, but doesn't upload anything.  I've
tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers (after reading that there was an issue with Chrome).

>> Any suggestions?  Should I file a Jira (I saw several other Jiras about uploads hanging,
but with no clear resolution).

>> -Marshall Schor
>>
>> On 1/31/2012 9:02 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> We have recently discovered that our last UIMA SDK 2.4.0 release seems to be
missing a couple of artifacts on Maven central. I have the artifacts from the release build
still sitting in my local maven (.m2) repository, and would like to get them up to Maven central.
Is there a way to do that? I thought I could maybe (1) create a new staging repository instance
on repository.apache.org - similar to what happens when I do a release candidate, but where
I could somehow "upload" the artifacts from my .m2 repo, and then "push the release button".
But I don't see a way to do that in the repository.apache.org instance of Nexus.