www-repository mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nexus and groupId relocation
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:53:17 GMT
On 10 March 2011 14:44, Brian Demers <bdemers@sonatype.com> wrote:
> There is no automated support, you would just upload the pom manually.

Any plans to support the process as described in:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html

Of course it would not apply to Maven Central (see below).

> Other projects are being moved to:  org.apache.commons:commons-*
>
> If you run into any problems with your relocation pom, let me know

I've just been told that Maven Central does not allow existing
releases to be replaced by relocation poms, so any Commons components
that want to change groupId will also have to change package name.

This makes relocation unnecessary - and in fact relocation cannot be
used in such a case, because the artifacts are not replacements.