www-repository mailing list archives

From Carlos Sanchez <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 1 repo (Java.net) proxy request on repository.apache.org
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:45:54 GMT
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
> thanks for the prompt reply.
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Your dependencies should be all in the maven central repo. Request that it
>> gets uploaded there.
>
> We actually did our first 0.x releases (still in incubation) with at least
> one module depending on the legacy java.net repo.
>
> So are you suggesting us to hold the 1st TLP release and push for Oracle to
> decide and upload a relatively old jaxws version on their Maven 2 repo? (I'm
> assuming it's already synced to Maven central)

You can request it to be uploaded to central, given that Sun/Oracle
are not willing to do it
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

> BTW, is this a strict artifact requirement (e.g. legal) or best practice
> suggestion (maybe something to add to [1]) ?

It's a requirement for Maven central that all dependencies are in
central. And a very good practice, given that central never change and
external repos can disappear and your builds not be reproducible