www-repository mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 1 repo (Java.net) proxy request on repository.apache.org
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:00:25 GMT
Hi Carlos,
thanks for the prompt reply.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:

> Your dependencies should be all in the maven central repo. Request that it
> gets uploaded there.

We actually did our first 0.x releases (still in incubation) with at least
one module depending on the legacy java.net repo.

So are you suggesting us to hold the 1st TLP release and push for Oracle to
decide and upload a relatively old jaxws version on their Maven 2 repo? (I'm
assuming it's already synced to Maven central)

BTW, is this a strict artifact requirement (e.g. legal) or best practice
suggestion (maybe something to add to [1]) ?

Thanks a lot for the help!
Gab

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

--