www-repository mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Self-signed certificate error reported when using wget
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 18:58:15 GMT
I use wget to download release candidates for reviewing, but I get the
following message:

ERROR: cannot verify repository.apache.org's certificate, issued by
`/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com,
Inc./OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/CN=Go Daddy Secure
Certification Authority/serialNumber=07969287':
  Self-signed certificate encountered.
To connect to repository.apache.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

[I don't get the same error when using a browser.]

Although I can use the --no-check-certificate option, this is not ideal.

Is there a way to add the certificate such that wget can download from
r.a.o without reporting the error?