www-repository mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to use the same staging repo
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:53:05 GMT
2010/7/15 Brian Fox <brianf@sonatype.com>:
> Having a separate repository is the intent, each time you stage, the
> contents are different and it's immutable on purpose. Why do you want to
> change the content but not change the repo?

The content is the same or should be. Maybe by example will be better.

I'm preparing a Struts 2 release which contains many modules like
core, plugins, archetypes and so on. Quite often during release
process something goes wrong, test didn't pass (but during release
preparation passed), some strange access denied to file system,
network issues and so on. Each time I must start process over again
and upload all the parts that already were good and in the staging
repository. But when I start over, a new staging repository is
created, this didn't allow to me prepare the release in small chunks.

With my current network connection it takes around 2h to upload all
the elements.

Regards
--
Łukasz